Improving intimacy issues
– These could include fear of intimacy, loss of intimacy and the inability to stay in relationships that could become exposed or fully known
Reducing or eliminating sexual pain
Repairing a struggling sex life
Improving a good existing sex life
– How to work beyond being in a current or past relationship that was unfaithful
– Being in love or sexually involved with more than one person
Alternative sexual expression
– Including fetishes, BDSM, etc.
– How you think of yourself in terms of who you’re sexually attracted to
– Having open and positive ideas of sex and sex-related acts, ideas, etc.
– Your sexual identity in terms of which gender you’re attracted to
– Your own experience with your own gender
Other fundamental issues
Choices Psychotherapy is purely a judgment-free zone. And while we understand that talking about sex or sexual issues isn’t comfortable for all of our clients, rest assured that our therapists are trained to make this as comfortable and as easy of a discussion as possible.
A healthy sex life doesn’t necessarily mean having frequent/good sex: Instead it can mean becoming comfortable or content with your own sex life within your relationships. This is a courageous step toward learning to understand your and your partner’s needs in a sexual relationship.
Concerns about sex and intimacy can often be linked to underlying issues like stress, anxiety, depression or even illness, medication and aging. Gaining confidence in talking about sex can uncover and help to alleviate strains you might not have known existed either with yourself or your partner.
Since the addition of a sex therapist in 2013, Choices Psychotherapy has been able to expand our services and our ability to help current and potential clients from the Twin Cities. As with all of our services and therapies, our sole focus is to help the client. The more ways we’re able to do that, the better.
If sex therapy seems like a fit for you or your partner, we’re more than willing to help you get started. A journey toward sex positivity, open discussion and healthier, happier sex lives is a journey worth taking, and we’ll help you along the way.